Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting SB NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Wordsley pervert jailed over sex attacks dating back 30 years
Updated 3:16pm Friday 5th July 2013 in News
A 64-YEAR-OLD Wordsley man who carried out a string of sex attacks on young girls going back over 30 years has been jailed for four years.
Alan Male’s abuse of his two victims, which went on for many years, clearly "left its toll" on their lives - Judge Michael Dudley told Wolverhampton Crown Court.
Male, of Kenilworth Close, had denied 15 charges of indecent assault committed between 1980 and 1991 but he was found guilty after the jury retired to consider the “harrowing” evidence at the end of his four-day trial.
The Judge told him: "People like you have to realise that it is always likely at some stage these things come to light and that they will be punished.
"The effects can last a lifetime for the victims and cause all sorts of problems. You are responsible for how their lives have been affected."
The Judge told Male that in passing sentence he had to strongly bear in mind the effects of his sex attacks on the two victims who had been aged between five and 11.
Jennifer Josephs, prosecuting, said it was a course of conduct by Male with the one complainant before he then moved onto the second victim.
Tom Walkling, for Male, said: "There have now been some admissions and it is unfortunate they were not made before the victims had to relive their ordeal. That is a start for him coming to terms with what he has done."
He said Male, who sat in the dock with his shoulders slumped, was a "most unhappy man" having fallen into debt. He said his client had also been drinking too much and his wife had now left him, adding "nothing is going for him at all”.
Comments are closed on this article.