Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting SB NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Firefighters save dragon from Lye fire
12:42pm Friday 13th September 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS rescued a bearded dragon from a fire in Lye and saved its life by giving it oxygen.
Brierley Hill fire crews were called out to a fire in a cellar at a property in Pedmore Road at around 10.30am yesterday (Friday) – and found a heating bulb had overheated and fallen onto the creature’s vivarium – sparking a small fire.
Firefighters at first thought the bearded dragon, named Thorn, was dead but when signs of life were spotted they carried it outside to safety and administered oxygen to revive it.
Comments are closed on this article.