Cooker causes gas leak in Stourbridge

A MAN was led to safety after a gas leak at sheltered housing in Stourbridge this morning (Monday).

The leak at Baylie Court, Green Street, was caused by a gas cooker, according to a National Grid spokesman.

She continued "We disconnected the supply to the flat to make sure it was safe and vented it out to get the gas out of there."

A West Midlands Fire Service spokesman said: "We had a call from National Grid at 9.36am as they were unable to gain access to the property. One man was led to safety and we left the scene at 10.15am."

The man was treated by paramedics and discharged at the scene.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree