A PEDMORE man was taken to hospital with burns after pouring accelerant on a bonfire.
The 26-year-old was left with injuries to his neck, ear and face, following the incident at a business in Hayes Lane, Lye, yesterday (Tuesday July 8).
Paramedics arrived at the scene shortly after 3.25pm and were told the patient had lit a fire and poured liquid on to it, causing an explosion.
Advanced paramedic, Ste Hill, said: “He was concerned about the rain coming and wanted to get the fire going before it arrived.
“Fortunately for him, the burns to his neck, ear and side of his face had blistered but were not as serious as they could have been following an explosion.
“I put burns packs on the affected areas before taking him to Russells Hall Hospital for further assessment and treatment."
He continued: “There is no doubt that his injuries could have been very much worse. Once again, we can but re-iterate the dangers of putting an accelerant on a bonfire.
"Every year we see such cases where people have put petrol or other chemicals on fires with the same result.
“Please be careful, such injuries can leave you scarred for life or worse.”