JACK Green converted a late penalty to hand Roebuck victory over Hasbury Colts in the Dudley and Cradley League's Horace Benjamin Trophy.

Roebuck opened the scoring on 16 minutes when Aaron Craig hit a superb 25 yard free kick into the back of the net.

Hasbury were level six minutes later when a good break saw Alistair Gamble slot home.

Hasbury struck early in the second half after a fine save from Roebuck keeper Jamie Hyde came back off the post to the feet of Joe Davies to fire home.

However, Roebuck were back level on 69 minutes when Aaron Craig got on to the end of a long throw from Chris Hunt.

A dramatic end to proceedings first saw Hasbury reduced to 10 men following a red for foul and abusive language to an official. Then, in the dying minutes, Roebuck were awarded a spot kick and Hasbury were reduced to nine men for more foul and abusive language. Green stepped up to beat the keeper from the spot to make it 3-2.

In the same competition, Hadcroft beat Wollaston Harriers 2-0.

The first half saw both teams playing some good football and creating chances. The best chance fell to Hadcroft when a shot from Elliot Lawley was somehow cleared off the line by Chris Cramphorn for Wollaston to make sure the clash remain goalless at half time.

Wollaston came out and attacked the Hadcroft goal and got the ball into the back of the net from a corner but it was disallowed following a foul on the keeper.

A solo effort from James Mason saw his shot bounce back off the crossbar with Hadcroft's keeper beaten. H However, Hadcroft took the lead on 85 minutes when Chris Smith stepped up to convert a spot kick.

With the time running out, Hadcroft sealed the win on 89 minutes with a goal from Dean Polkey.

Meanwhile, in the Ray Turley Memorial Competition, AFC Turners drew 1-1 with Charlton House.

A very entertaining game with both teams squandering some good opportunities in the first half Charlton House opened the scoring in the 60th minute with a well taken goal from Luke Moulton. He drilled the ball home from close range giving Turners keeper Josh Calder no chance.

But, five minutes later, Turners were level when a Jason Chilton lob from 30 yards gave Dave Horner in the Charlton House goal no chance.

Horner made amends for this with several excellent saves to deny Turners any further goals as the contest drew to a close.