Stourbridge 2, St Ives 0

EVER-GREEN midfielder Leon Broadhurst hit a second half brace to book Stourbridge's place in the next round of the FA Cup.

The Glassboys had to be patient after a goalless first half but finally broke down the St Ives rearguard to ensure their progress.

They were quickly out the blocks and causing problems with a host of early corners against their Southern League counterparts.

Josh Cooke poked an effort just wide on two minutes after Jack Duggan had won the initial header. The defender then saw another header deflected past the post moments later as Stour kept the pressure on.

St Ives posed a threat of their own on the break and Phil Draycott spurned a good opening when failing to turn in Lewis Hilliard's cross on 13 minutes.

Stour's best chance of the opening exchanges fell to Matt Dodd on 20 minutes. He burst through but blazed well over as the Glassboys couldn't turn their early dominance into goals.

Both sides swapped good chances on the half hour mark.

St Ives, disrupted by two early injuries, could have bagged the lead when sub Dubi Ogbonna saw his header cleared off the line by Tonks after a rare Corner for the visitors.

Stourbridge broke quickly after that near miss as Dodd was played in by Aaron Forde. The winger had the ball in the net but was denied by the assistant's flag.

The Glassboys lost some of their early intensity approaching the break.

Jordan Archer glanced a header wide and left-back Darryl Westlake drilled wide from distance at the half ended goalless.

The game was more evenly balanced after the break with clear openings at a premium for either side.

Duggan stabbed an effort wide of the target on 53 minutes but the game became a scrappy affair, which perhaps suited the visitors.

Stourbridge needed some more FA Cup inspiration to find a way through a got it from a familiar source.

Tonks found space out on the left flank 58 minutes in and whipped in a fine ball to long-serving Leon Broadhurst who headed past keeper James Goff from close range.

The reliable midfielder again made his mark on another Stour cup campaign and handed his side a valuable lead at Amblecote.

The hosts nearly had a second on 65 minutes but Goff got across well to push out sub Danny O'Callaghan's well-controlled half volley from the edge of the box.

The Glassboys bagged the vital second in the 69th minute when Broadhurst headed in his second of the game.

He had the simple task of guiding the ball home at the far post after Duggan headed Tonks' deep free-kick back across goal.

The hosts controlled things after the second and were soon well on top heading into the last 15 minutes.

They carved out a few openings late on, notably a headed chance for Jordan Archer as well as efforts from range from Tonks and livewire sub Brandon Hague.

Sub Ryan Rowe should have added a third two minutes from time but hit a weak effort at Goff with the goal at his mercy.

But the job was done after that killer second and the Glassboys have again booked their place in the Monday's draw for the next round.

Stourbridge: Gould, Christophorou, Westlake, Pierpoint (c) (O'Callaghan 53) Duggan, Forde, Dodd, Broadhurst, Archer (Rowe 78), Cooke (Hague 61), Tonks.

Unused subs: Green, Kiembi, Jeavons.

St Ives: Goff, Longden, Jarrold, De'Ath (c), Ferrell (Chaffey 5) (Ogbonna 27), McGowan, Seymour-Shove, Clark, Kelly, Hilliard, Draycott (Wright 76).

Unused subs: Hartley.

Att: 765