STOURBRIDGE boss Gary Hackett says he will not be getting carried away despite his team claiming maximum points from their opening two fixtures.

The Glassboys backed up Saturday's victory against Whitby by coming out on top of a seven goal thriller against Ilkeston on Tuesday night.

The results give Stour the perfect start in their quest for promotion in their first season in the Northern Premier League.

Hackett said: "The key thing to any season is to get points on the board early, which is exactly what we have done.

"The players have performed really well and it has been a good start for us.

"However, we will not get complacent or carried away because it is a long season and both games have been very close.

"It is a new challenge for us and Ilkeston, going forward, had something we haven't experienced before. They were dangerous and attacked with real pace and purpose.

"The players showed a fantastic attitude to come back and win the game after suffering the disappointment of letting the lead slip.

"There is still improvement to come from the whole team and they will get better as the season goes on. We now just want to be taking it one game at a time and not get ahead of ourselves."

Saturday's season curtain-raiser saw the Glassboys claim all three points with a 2-1 win against Whitby at Amblecote.

Captain Sean Geddes capped a fine performance by hitting the winner.

It was no more than the home side deserved after an impressive first half performance that could have seen them go in two or three up at the break.

Instead they only had one goal to show for their dominance and potent attacking threat.

That came on the 19th minute mark when Jordan Fitzpatrick fired past Whitby keeper Shane Bland after collecting in the box following good work down the left flank from star man Ben Billingham.

Despite a Whitby hitting a second-half leveller, Stour fought back to claim the win.

The Glassboys followed that up when they travelled to Ilkeston on Tuesday.

Goals from Kayelden Brown, Jordan Fitzpatrick and Leon Broadhurst gave the visitors a 3-1 lead. Kane Richards scored for the home side.

However, Ilkeston fought back as Richards hit his second and Rob Duffy levelled from the spot.

It was left for substitute Chris Knight to make it 4-3 in the first minute of injury time.

Stourbridge will now face Kings Lynn away on Saturday before taking on Rushall Olympic at home on Monday.

Hackett confirmed that forward Luke Benbow is now back in training with the Glassboys and could be ready for action within a fortnight.

"We won't be rushing Luke back into action," he added. "We have lots of goals in this team already, as has been shown in our first two games. We need to make sure he has fully recovered."