HARINGEY COUNCIL - PUBLIC NOTICE AMENDMENTS TO ON-STREET PARKING PERMITSNotice ID: WAT2142318
HARINGEY COUNCIL - PUBLIC NOTICE AMENDMENTS TO ON-STREET PARKING PERMITS The Haringey (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 4) Order 2021
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Haringey on 13" July 2021 made the above mentioned Order under sections 45, 46 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Order will be to:-
(a) amend the charges of on-street parking permits with an increase of £10 on each annual permit and an increase of £5 on each for six monthly permit, together with a surcharge for subsequent permits, as set out
in the Schedule below. The new tariff structure will also introduce a surcharge for vehicles with diesel engines as detailed in the Schedule. The surcharge is designed to encourage the use of fuel efficient vehicles and improve air quality;
(b) increase the charges for certain visitor vouchers as detailed in the Schedule;
(c) introduce a free residential parking permit for disabled blue badge holders to park within their local Controlled Parking Zone using a vehicle that is registered to them;
(d) introduce an administrative charge for parking permit refunds of £20;
(e) amend the operation of visitor vouchers so that they will become non-refundable;
(f) limit the use of visitor vouchers, so that only 2 vouchers could be used at any one time per household.
3. This Order supersedes the previous Order relating to these measures, which were not implemented, and which was advertised as being made in a previous Notice dated 10m March 2021.
4. Copies of the Order referred to above, which will come into force on 2nd August 2021, and of a Statement of Reasons for making the Order, may be inspected at the reception desk, Alexandra House, 10 Station Road, Wood Green, N22 7TR, by appointment only, or can be viewed online, within six weeks of the date on which the Order was made, at
5. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Order or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it does not comply with the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or of any relevant regulations made there under have not been complied with in relation to the Order may, within six weeks of the date on which the Order was made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated 14th July 2021
Head of Highways and Parking
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PDF BELOW TO VIEW THE DETAILS