THE WYRE FOREST DISTRICT COUNCIL (OFF STREET PARKING PLACES) ORDER 2017Notice ID: WR4108702
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 THE WYRE FOREST DISTRICT COUNCIL (OFF STREET PARKING PLACES) ORDER 2017 MAKING OF ORDER
Notice is hereby given that the Wyre Forest District Council has made the above Order under Part IV of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers for the purpose of regulating their parking places within the District of Wyre Forest. The Order shall come into force on 2nd October 2017. The effect of the Order will be as follows:
1. To revoke the Wyre Forest District Council (Off Street Parking Places Order) 2016 and re-enact those provisions without any change of substance other than those set out below in this notice;
2. To reclassify car parks to short stay and long stay;
3. To harmonise the car parks permitted for use with the restricted season ticket;
4. To allow up to an hours free parking at Bromsgrove Street and to reduce the free parking on Sundays to up to one hour (from an hour and a half);
5. To increase the qualifying age for a senior citizen season ticket to the state pensionable age;
6. To introduce pay by phone payment option to all car parks; and
7. To implement revised charges as previously advertised.
A copy of the Order can be inspected between 09:00 and 16:30 Monday to Friday at the Wyre Forest House, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster and the Worcestershire Hub, Town Hall, Kidderminster. A copy is also available on the Council's website. If any person wishes to question the validity of the Order or any of its provisions on the grounds that it or they are not within the powers conferred by the Act or that any requirement of the Act or any instrument made under the Act has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Order is made, apply for that purpose to the High Court.
CS Newlands Solicitor to the Council Dated the 28th September 2017 www.wyreforestdc.gov.uk