Stourbridge 1, Kidderminster Harriers 1.

STOURBRIDGE and Kidderminster Harriers fought out a draw as their pre-season preparations continued.

The Glassboys welcomed the Harriers to the Memorial Ground tonight as both sides looked to test themselves ahead of the coming campaign.

It was the visitors who started the stronger and created two early openings.

Firstly, the lively Reece Styche was put through on goal by Aman Verma but he dragged his shot wide of the Stourbridge goal.

Then, on the ten minute mark, Michael Gash blazed over after meeting a Marvin Johnson cross with a side-footed volley.

It was Kidderminster who kept the ball better in the opening exchanges and maybe should have been ahead when Styche met Jake Green's cross in the 23rd minute.

The forward failed to control and Stour's keeper and former Harrier, Dean Coleman, got down to claim the ball.

However, as the game drew on the home side started to have more of an influence on proceedings, most notably through their playmaker Sean Geddes.

Good work from him after 25 minutes saw him feed new boy Matt Wood in the box, who had advanced in his left wing back role. He could only fire his powerful drive wide of the near post.

It was Geddes again just a few minutes later who robbed Jack Byrne of the ball, drove towards goal and had an effort well blocked on the edge of the Harriers box.

It was a decent spell for the home side and it ensured the teams went in level at the break.

In the second half, it was again Harriers that started the better.

It took just five minutes for Kidderminster to find the back of the net as Verma latched onto a loose ball and smashed a fantastic drive past Coleman from the edge of the area.

Soon after, the game became stretched and Stour saw their best chance go agonisingly wide when new signing Dallison headed off target as Jasbir Singh flapped at a Glassboys corner.

A host of substitutions on the hour mark then left the game disjointed for a long period.

However, as the game settled down once again, there was plenty of space for both teams to exploit. It looked like there would still be chances for further goals should anyone find the quality needed.

It was the Glassboys that hit back with five minutes left on the clock.

A quickly-taken corner to substitue Ben Billingham saw the forward turn his man, drive into the box and square for defender Dallison to scramble to ball home.

The equaliser was fair on Stourbridge and the contest proved to be a good workout for both sides as they look to get in shape with the new season fast approaching.

Glassboys: Coleman, Ramsey-Dickson, Dallison, Richards (Morgan-Parker 68), Geddes, Harris (Francis 60), Haynes (Canavan 60), Broadhurst, Brown (Rock 68), Fitzpatrick (Billingham 45), Wood (Washbourne 38).

Unused sub: Hill.

Harriers: Singh (Lewis 61), Green (Obeng 55), Grimes (Reid 45), Dunkley, Byrne, Johnson, Gash (O'Keefe 55), Styche (Blissett 55), Verma (Hales 70), Gowling (Storer 61), Gittings.

Unused sub: Williams.

Att: 643