THIS evening's fire at Dudley College is believed to have started accidentally.

Fire crews from Dudley, Brierley Hill and Tipton were sent to the scene at 16.49pm after reports of a blaze at the campus, off the Broadway.

The fire broke out in a ground floor laundry room, West Midlands Fire Service's fire control confirmed, and smoke was seen coming from the windows facing Gervase Drive by witnesses.

Four appliances were despatched to the blaze which fire chiefs believe started accidentally.

No one was hurt.

A spokesman for Dudley College said on Twitter that the fire was dealt with quickly and confirmed The Broadway site and all other college sites will be open as usual on Tuesday (April 2).