STOURBRIDGE'S Quaker Meeting House will be offering visitors a rare chance to peek inside this weekend as part of the Heritage Open Days scheme.

The building, built by Stourbridge Quakers in 1689 and believed to be the oldest building in Stourbridge town centre still used for its original purpose, will be open to the public on Saturday September 21 from 10.30am till 3pm.

Then on Sunday (September 22) the meeting house in Scotts Road will be open for worship which starts at 10am.

After the service the building will be open from 11.30am for viewing until 2.15pm when it will host an illustrated talk on The Quaker Ironmasters by archaeologist Spencer Smith from the Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust.

The event will include an account of Stourbridge’s own ironmaster, Ambrose Crowley, who donated the land on which the meeting house was built.

Admission to the event is free and everyone is welcome.