CAMPAIGNERS fighting for justice for Ryan Passey who was stabbed to death in the old Chicago's nightspot in Stourbridge have issued a new appeal for evidence and information...three years after his killer walked free from court.

February 6, 2021, marked the third anniversary of the day Ryan’s parents and family watched in shock as the man who admitted stabbing the 24-year-old through the heart walked free from Birmingham Crown Court.

Kobe Murray from Dudley was found not guilty of murder or manslaughter - having pleaded self-defence after giving evidence in court that he had "stabbed out" in a scuffle in the busy club in August 6, 2017, having grabbed a knife from a friend.

The acquittal, which the family have branded 'perverse', left the family devastated and they vowed never to give up their fight for justice.

Now, three years after the verdict, they have issued a fresh appeal for information that could help their campaign.

Family friend Jason Connon, of the Justice for Ryan campaign, said: "To appeal the original acquittal verdict delivered at the trial and obtain a new trial we need to obtain 'new and compelling evidence' - that is new evidence not previously produced at court."

He said the family particularly want to find out any information people may have about the knife, bought from DAI Leisure in Brierley Hill, that killed Ryan – a popular footballer who had played for Stourbridge FC in his youth and later Wren's Nest FC.

Private investigator Russ Whitfield, of Liberton Investigations, who has been assisting the family and their campaign, said: "The knife that killed Ryan, we know, was purchased two weeks before his death. Where was that knife kept? Who had hold of that knife and were any conversations had around why that knife was purchased?

Ryan's family also believe people may still be withholding vital information regarding Ryan’s killer and they are urging people to search their conscience and come forward with any details that could shed new light on what happened and why.

Jason added: "It has been over three years, since Ryan’s parents tragically lost Ryan, and the pain, trauma and distress of knowing the person responsible for causing his death is still walking free means they cannot grieve properly for Ryan or try to move forward with their own lives.

"Ryan was a normal 24-year-old lad, who had gone out with his lifelong friend on a night out to Chicago’s nightclub in Stourbridge, but never returned home due to being fatally stabbed through his heart."

He urged anyone who has any information to "please do the right thing and come forward".

Information can be given confidentially by emailing or