TWO men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to rob after two men were killed during a cannabis factory raid in Dudley on Thursday.

The men, aged 23 and 21, were arrested at Holyhead Port in Wales on Saturday and will be questioned by detectives.

Khuzaimah Douglas was pronounced dead in Pensnett Road, Brierley Hill and Waseem Ramzan died later in hospital.

Post mortem examinations will be taking place to confirm the precise cause of death.

A 19-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to rob and murder remains in police custody.

Detective Chief Inspector Jim Munro from West Midlands Police Homicide Unit said: “These arrests are a significant step forward in our investigation and we’re doing all we can to bring those responsible to justice.

“We believe around seven men attacked an address in which cannabis was being cultivated and were confronted by people who were inside.

Detectives are still appealing for witnesses or anyone who was in the Pensnett Road area in the early hours of Thursday morning to get in touch.

Det Chief Inspector Munro added: “People may have witnessed the disorder, people or vehicles leaving the scene, or seen something suspicious. We need them to get in touch as every piece of information, no matter how small, could be crucial.

“I’d also like to hear from any motorists who were in the area at the time and have dash cam footage as they also may have recorded something important."

The family of Waseem have paid this tribute: “This is a really difficult time for the family and friends of Waseem Ramzan. We would appreciate if you could all remember him in your prayers and if possible give to charity in his name. To God we belong and to God we shall return.”

Dudley Police Commander, Chief Superintendent Sally Bourner, added: “Our thoughts are with the families of two men who have tragically lost their lives.

“This is an awful incident and we recognise the wider impact it can have on our communities. But what I would say is that we believe this address was deliberately targeted, it was not a random attack. 

“We continue to maintain a police presence at the scene but have been able to scale down the cordons and have reopened the Pensnett Road this afternoon. We thank people for their patience and support as we know this has caused disruption locally but we trust that people will understand the importance of gathering evidence to support this investigation.”

Anyone with information is urged to contact police online or call 101. Alternatively they can call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.