LYE Town reached the final of the Worcestershire Senior Urn thanks to a 3-0 victory over Littleton.

A brace from Lee Chilton added to Reece Shilvock's opener as Lye handed their opponents a first defeat since October.

Both sides moved the ball well on a surface that was tricky to handle but while the Ton Boys had plenty of the play, Lye looked more purposeful when reaching the final third.

It might have been different had Darren Byford’s near-post blast from a clever Dale Edwards cutback not been saved by home keeper Tom Turner five minutes in.

Lye began to stroke around the ball with confidence and a patient passage of possession ended with Lee Chilton wriggling free of his marker to hit the post with a swirling shot across goal.

The hosts moved ahead within two minutes when Shilvock got past Dave Edwards and took advantage of a sliced attempt to clear by keeper Brendon Bunn to nudge in.

Littleton barely had time to compose themselves by the time Simon Williams lashed across goal only to see his 20-yard effort from the left edge of the box bobble harmlessly wide.

The big flashpoint arrived 27 minutes in when Dave Edwards slid in late on Lye captain Scott Gennard who kicked out in the aftermath with Edwards appearing to tread on the inside of his opponent’s leg.

Referee Andrew Genders consulted his assistant and took his time before issuing straight red cards to both players, decisions that drew precious little ire from either bench.

Chilton soon doubled Lye’s lead, bursting past Lewis Clarke and nipping in front of the committed Bunn before rolling into the empty net from an acute angle three minutes after the close call at the other end.

Dale Edwards went agonisingly close to an instant reply with a dipping shot that fizzed just over the bar and while Littleton began the second half strongly, another sucker punch sealed their fate nine minutes after the interval.

Ryan Rowe caught advancing centre-half Simon Fitter in possession with Chris Knight taking on the loose ball.

Having driven inside, Knight’s low shot was repelled by Bunn but Chilton slammed home the rebound to seal his side's place in the final.

Meanwhile, Town are looking to rekindle the career of rising Stourbridge star Brandon Hague.

A product of Stourbridge's highly prized youth system, Hague has been sidelined of late through illness and injury.

Lye boss Craig Harris said: "We've taken Brandon on a month's loan and if we can get him back up to speed again, it will benefit everyone.

"He's an exciting prospect and we're keen to get him no board."

They are also looking to get back to winning ways in the league when they entertain Rocester on Saturday after last week's proposed clash with Highgate United was called off owing to bad weather.

Lye are resigned to losing wideman Alex Solomon for a couple of months after he injured his shoulder against Worcester, while both Ben Billingham and Kalum Evitts remain long term absentees.

Billingham was due to have reconstruction surgery on his knee this week which has plagued him so far this season.