BLACK Country Rangers made a barnstorming start to their West Midlands League Premier campaign after pulling off a compelling 5-1 win at Shropshire side Wem Town, writes Nick Pullen.

Former Stourbridge midfield star Sean Geddes has taken charge at Back Country as player-manager and has used his Glassboys connections to good effect by bringing in striker Kayelden Brown who duly netted twice against Wem.

Adam Garmson also grabbed a couple of goals with Abdulhamid Chouchane also on the mark for the Gornal-based side.

Bewdley Town also bagged five goals as they opened their account with a 5-2 success over Tividale based Smethwick Rangers.

Simon Rudd and Dylan Hart both struck twice for Bewdley with Luke Morris also on target.

Dudley Sports also made a winning start when coming from behind to beat West Midlands newboys Littleton 2-1

Trailing 1-0 at half time, Sports hit back to level through Jared Danials.

And it was Danials who set up the winner for Liam Edwards to finish off at the far post.

Sports have been boosted by the arrival of Mark Donaldson to the coaching staff and boss Tony Gore exclaimed: "Mark's been like a breath of fresh air. His enthusiasm has rubbed off on everyone!

Dudley Town must have thought they were off to a winning start when Danny Mayne fired them in front against promoted side Worcester Raiders.

But Raiders responded to this setback in devastating style to go 4-1 in front by half time thanks to goals from former Stourport Swifts player Dan Flowers, Kirk Layton and a Roland Kroll brace.

The Robins rallied in the second half and clawed goals back through Alex Brogan and Dan Jones but couldn't prevent themselves from losing out 4-3.

Cradley Town crashed 4-1 at Shifnal Town following a sorry start to the season.

All the goals arrived in the first half with Shifnal's Jordan Uppal opening their account on 20 minutes.

Tom Hill made it 2-0 on 37 minutes and before Cradley knew what hit them Kyle Montague converted a third just a minute later.

Cradley clawed a goal back on 40 minutes, Joe Hawkins getting the vital touch to a free kick.

But any prospects of a Cradley recovery collapsed in first half stoppage time when Nigel Penney put through his own net.