DUDLEY Kingswinford RFC achieved a double figure try tally for the second week in succession, running in ten against their old rivals Whitchurch.

Over eagerness at the start saw DK lose the ball twice in the Whitchurch 22 but the home pressure was continuous and Gareth Bown kicked a penalty to put DK 3-0 up after nine minutes.

Bown made a tremendous break to set up another ruck in the visitors 22 on 11 minutes but again the ball was lost.

DK paid for their profligacy when ‘Church fly half Dan Nichols levelled the scores with a 15th minute penalty for 3-3.

The dam was just about to break however as DK took a 17th minute lead with an excellent individual try from their dynamic loose head prop Richard Kelley.

Receiving the ball inside the visitors half he barrelled through in an elusive 35m arc through to the posts for a great try, which Bown converted to make it 10-3.

DK scored a second try a minute later when an inch perfect chip from scrum half Tommy Huggins was taken expertly by wing Robbie Jones who powered through to the posts for atry again converted by Bown.

After 21 minutes it became 22-3 when Tom Weaver finished off a great break from Jak Davis.

The pressure from Dudley was incessant and they went further ahead after 29 minutes with a fourth try when Huggins burrowed over after several rucks on the Whitchurch line.

Then, a typically powerful break from a maul saw Andy McEwen set up the fifth try, with his inside pass sending in Stefan Shillingford at the posts for a converted try.

Try number six arrived after 36 minutes when the ball was moved swiftly down the three-quarter line to Matt Taylor who fed the excellent Weaver on the loop to sprint in for his second try to make it 39-3.

Finally, in stoppage time Taylor got onto the score sheet with a 45-metre run to the posts, which was converted by Bown.

The hosts resumed their offensive with an eighth try after 47 minutes.

A mazy break from Davis saw him pass inside to Shillingford who ran in his second try of the day.

Whitchurch tried very hard to make an impact through their forwards and were rewarded on 54 minutes when a DK scrum ball squirted out from the side of the set piece for alert openside flanker Tom Ruffell to pounce on and score and unconverted try.

Normal DK service was soon resumed however when skipper Ian Langford drove through a gap after 61 minutes, Bown adding the extras for 58-8.

The home side scored their 10th and final try after 73 minutes. Again heavy pressure and excellent handling had left the Whitchurch cover defence floundering as Davis raced in from 15m for an unconverted try.