WORCESTER Warriors fell to yet another Gallagher Premiership defeat as Northampton Saints took the spoils in a tight affair at Sixways. 

Warriors wasted numerous chances as some brave scramble defence from the visitors and a lack of clinical edge saw them slip to a sixth-straight Premiership defeat.

An Ollie Lawrence try with 15 minutes to play brought the hosts back into the game after Mike Haywood's first-half score and two James Grayson penalties had given Saints a 13-3 lead at the break.

But it was to be another evening of what might have been for Worcester as the Saints made the most of their chances and left with the points.

It was a lively first half which started badly for Worcester when Ryan Mills was yellow carded for obstruction.

Luckily for the home side Saints were reduced to 14 soon after when Tom Collins was put in the bin for a cynical offence five yards from his own line. 

The two cards cancelled each other out and after 20 minutes the scores were 3-3 thanks to penalties from Grayson and Warriors' Jono Lance. 

Shortly after came Worcester's best chance of the game as Ted Hill stretched his legs to get down the wing and create a two-on-one with Nick David. 

The young winger looked to be in but he opted to pass inside to prop Ethan Waller, who was pulled down just as he was diving over by Cobus Reinach and the ball was agonisingly spilled over the line. 

Saints then showed the home side the clinical edge they were missing when they forced their way over the line off the back of a driving maul. 

Mike Haywood was the scorer and Grayson's conversion, added to with another penalty, meant Saints held a 13-3 lead at the interval. 

The second forty was a stop-start affair with plenty of penalties and handling errors meaning neither side could apply any sort of pressure. 

The scores remained as they were until a little bit of quality saw Warriors claw their way to within three points after Ollie Lawrence's try. 

Jono Lance ran a nice line down the short side and his delayed pass gave Chris Pennell the chance to run the ball into the Saints 22. 

The ball was then recycled and Ryan Mills floated a looping pass out to Lawrence, who stepped inside to score. Lance slotted the conversion and it was a three-point game at 10-13. 

As the game entered the final ten minutes Warriors struggled to get the territory needed to mount a final push and Saints actually furthered the lead with a Grayson penalty on the 77th minute. 

But following the kick-off Warriors managed to steal the ball in the air and eventually won a penalty which they kicked into the corner. 

The lineout struggled throughout the evening and this one was no different. The forwards couldn't get it going and Saints turned it over and the game was done. 

The losing run continues, as do frustrations.